Page Formating Only
logo

Hullwebs History of Hull

logo

KHCT - 1912 to 1920

--

Potted History of Kingston Upon Hull Corporation Transport

 
Home
Page
1875 to 1900 1901
to
1911
1912
to
1920
1921
to
1925
1926
to
1931 
1932
to
1937
1938
to
1943
1944
to
1949
1950
to
1957
1958 to 1968 1969
to
1972
1972
to
1979
Home
Page

1912 to 1920

1912 5th April - Stoneferry motor bus service withdrawn.

29th April - Service M extended to Marfleet Avenue.


1913 Service SW (Spring Bank West to Walton Street level crossing) opened - as a part of Service S - on 9th October. 

A bustling King Edward Street


1914 Service D extended as service DP - to Pickering Park Gates - on 16th February.

May 18th saw the introduction of 'fare stages' on all routes.  Previously, a flat-rate fare had been charged.

New multi-track fitting shop opened at Liverpool Street.

Recruiting car in Holderness Road.

Victoria Square tramway station.   


1915 First cars with driver cabs introduced during February.  

Service P was disrupted due to damage as a result of overnight enemy airship activity - 7th July.


1919 Service B extended along Cottingham Road to Newland park on 14th July - Service BC.

Tramcars in King Edward Street.  


1920 First Liverpool Street depot re-built fully-enclosed car entered service in July.

Free travel passes introduced in August for legless ex-servicemen.

Free passes for OAPs introduced in October.

Car 47 seen in Prospect Street  


<Top of Page>


Sponsor This Site

Top of Page

All content Copyright © 2004 - Hullwebs (UK) - Terms of Use

A very special thanks to Hull Local Studies Library for their help with our research projects.