Page Formating Only
logo

Hullwebs History of Hull

logo

KHCT - 1921 to 1925

--

Potted History of Kingston Upon Hull Corporation Transport

 
Home
Page
1875 to 1900 1901
to
1911
1912
to
1920
1921
to
1925
1926
to
1931 
1932
to
1937
1938
to
1943
1944
to
1949
1950
to
1957
1958
to
1968
1969
to
1972
1972
to
1979
Home
Page

1921 to 1925

1921 Motor buses introduced on a route from Bond Street to Stoneferry Green via Charles and Barmston Streets.

1922 Discounted pre-paid tickets introduced in September.

1923 Garden Village motor bus service commenced on 28th March.   

Motor bus service; Queen Victoria Square, Fish Dock, Air Street, Stoneferry - launched on 15th October.  

Newbridge Road motor bus service introduced - 23rd October. 

Hessle Road tram terminus transferred to Osbourne Street, 3rd December. 


1924 The first bus fitted with pneumatic tires was introduced in April.

Weekly travel passes introduced in June.

Corporation acquired the Kingston Upon Hull Passenger and Goods Service.

A model of tramcar 101 (now on display in the Transport Museum), built by Liverpool Street Depot apprentices, was displayed at the British Empire Exhibition, Wembley. 


1925 Service H extended to the end of Ings Road on September 7th.

5th October saw Service DP extended to Pickering Road and Service SW extended along Chanterlands Avenue to Park Avenue with Service BC being extended to the Good Fellowship Inn.

New runner shed opened at Liverpool Street, with Wheeler Street Depot being extended.



Sponsor This Site

Top of Page

All content Copyright © 2004 - Hullwebs (UK) - Terms of Use

A very special thanks to Hull Local Studies Library for their help with our research projects.