Page Formating Only
logo

Hullwebs History of Hull

logo

KHCT - 1926 to 1931

--

Potted History of Kingston Upon Hull Corporation Transport

 
Home
Page
1875 to 1900 1901
to
1911
1912
to
1920
1921
to
1925
1926
to
1931 
1932
to
1937
1938
to
1943
1944
to
1949
1950
to
1957
1958 to 1968 1969
to
1972
1972
to
1979
Home
Page

1926 to 1931

1926 Service B extended along Beverly Road to Endike Lane, 12th July.

August saw the introduction of the first double-decker with a top cover.


1927 Final tramway extension opened on 3rd January with the Service SW continuing along Chanterlands Avenue North to Cottingham Road as Service SWC

Holderness Road Depot extension brought into use during March.

First pneumatically tyred double decker brought into service during June.

July saw the introduction of the first fully enclosed double decker.

Boothferry Road motorbus service launched on 31st December.


1929 Motorbus service to Stoneferry, via Cleveland Street, opened March 11th.

Tramways Committee visits Doncaster and Rotherham to study trolleybus operations.


1930 Proposal to introduce trolleybuses defeated during Town Meeting in January, consequently, 12 Guy 6 wheeler's delivered as motorbuses.

Power Generating Station in Osbourne Street closed down and power purchased from the Corporation Electricity Department.

Road Traffic Act introduced a comprehensive system of licensing (and the examination of busses) to include drivers, conductors, fare-tables, timetables and routes.


1931 Service P became the first tramway abandonment on 5th September.  It was replaced the next day by a motorbus service.

First purchase of licenses by EYMS, on 2nd November, saw the introduction of services to Sutton via Stoneferry and Wayne and the Sutton/Garden Village service was extended to Sutton Annexe (now Princes Royal Hospital).



Sponsor This Site

Top of Page

All content Copyright © 2004 - Hullwebs (UK) - Terms of Use

A very special thanks to Hull Local Studies Library for their help with our research projects.