Page Formating Only
logo

Hullwebs History of Hull

logo

KHCT - 1932 to 1937

--

Potted History of Kingston Upon Hull Corporation Transport

 
Home
Page
1875 to 1900 1901
to
1911
1912
to
1920
1921
to
1925
1926
to
1931 
1932
to
1937
1938
to
1943
1944
to
1949
1950
to
1957
1958
to
1968
1969
to
1972
1972
to
1979
Home
Page

1932 to 1937

1932 All busses without top covers or pneumatic tyres were withdrawn along with the majority of the 25 and 26 seater single deckers.

A system of numbering of buses was introduced as the previous method of displaying colours was made illegal by the road traffic act.

Runabout tickets introduced at 6d. for evenings, 1/- for all day Sunday.


1933 Experimental services began using three diesel powered motorbuses.

Pre-paid discount tickets withdrawn.

Service to North Hull Estate, via Beverly Road, launched.


1934 Tramway services DP, AP, SW, SWC, and BC withdrawn and replaced by motorbuses.

Picture:  Tramcar 148 on Hessle Road displaying its new livery.


1935 Central Garage, offices and coach station officially opened on 22nd October.

Motorbus service to Marfleet, via Newbridge Road, commenced December 2nd.


1936 KHCT and EYMS jointly purchase Sharpe's Motors of Hedon and KHCT commence services to Hedon, Paull and Saltend Works via Hedon Road.

1937 Setting Dyke motorbus service commenced on March 22nd.

Motorbus service introduced from Queens Road to Chapman Street via Clough Road.

Ceremonial inauguration of trolleybus service on 23rd July.

Tramway service S ceased operating on 24th July and trolleybus service 61, to Chanterlands Avenue North via Spring Bank launched the following day.

October 3rd saw the launch of trolleybus service 62 to Newland Avenue.



Sponsor This Site

Top of Page

All content Copyright © 2004 - Hullwebs (UK) - Terms of Use

A very special thanks to Hull Local Studies Library for their help with our research projects.