Page Formating Only
logo

Hullwebs History of Hull

logo

KHCT - 1944 to 1949

--

Potted History of Kingston Upon Hull Corporation Transport

 
Home
Page
1875
to
1900
1901
to
1911
1912
to
1920
1921
to
1925
1926
to
1931 
1932
to
1937
1938
to
1943
1944
to
1949
1950
to
1957
1958
to
1968
1969
to
1972
1972
to
1979
Home
Page

1944 to 1949

1944 All new busses received now fitted with wooden seats.

1945 Final tramcar, Service D (Hessle Road) withdrawn on 30th June and replaced by trolleybus service 70 the following day.

Ten more tramcars sold to Leeds.


1946 Ticket machines introduced on trolleybuses on August 26th.

Football Special from North Hull to Boothferry Park introduced in November, with a trolleybus reverser erected in The Boulevard for special services to Hull RLFC matches.


1947 Sutton Road service 19 introduced on March 16th.

Even though fitted with snow-ploughs, busses unable to reach Wayne for six weeks during the most severe winter in living memory.  Ice flows on the River Humber.

AEC Mark 3 bus introduced in April.  153 acquired over 25 years.


1948 Peak year for passengers with over 102,000,000 passenger journeys made.

1949 Special Service introduced to Hull Speedway (old Hedon airfield) 2nd April.

KHCT Golden Jubilee celebrated 5th July.

Final petrol bus withdrawn in October.

Service 14 to Bricknell Avenue. via Park Avenue, introduced 30th October.



Sponsor This Site

Top of Page

All content Copyright © 2004 - Hullwebs (UK) - Terms of Use

A very special thanks to Hull Local Studies Library for their help with our research projects.