Page Formating Only
logo

Hullwebs History of Hull

logo

KHCT - 1950 to 1957

--

Potted History of Kingston Upon Hull Corporation Transport

Home
Page
1875 to 1900 1901
to
1911
1912
to
1920
1921
to
1925
1926
to
1931 
1932
to
1937
1938
to
1943
1944
to
1949
1950
to
1957
1958
to
1968
1969
to
1972
1972
to
1979
Home
Page

1950 to 1957

1950 New Social & Recreational club opened in Norfolk Street during June.

1951 City tours introduced on April 14th and continued every summer until 1954.

A special service to visit the Festival of Britain ship Campania during June.

August saw the first advertisements appearing on the exterior surfaces of trolleybuses.


1952 Central Garage re-built following war damage.  First mechanical bus cleaning machine built, at Central Garage, from a KHCT design.

1953 First Coronation type trolleybus entered service, as a prototype, on 22nd January.

1954 Two single-deckers modified at Liverpool Street to be introduced on 18th January as the first one-man operated motorbus.

Workmen's fares were abolished 28th February.

Fifteen more Coronation type trolleybuses brought into service in November.


1955 Longhill service 56 introduced 13th March.

Greatfield service commenced on 13th November.


1957 Suez Canal crisis saw bus services being reduced due to fuel rationing during January to March.


Sponsor This Site

Top of Page

All content Copyright © 2004 - Hullwebs (UK) - Terms of Use

A very special thanks to Hull Local Studies Library for their help with our research projects.